We, the team of the International Office take care of the international relations of the University of Applied Sciences Bielefeld
Feel free to inform yourself by visiting our website -
or make an appointment with one of our team staff members.
We share information and logistics with you on the following:
- International student placements, student mobility, sommer schools
- Organisation and funding of placements, study and visiting professorships abroad and in Germany
- Cooperations with foreign institutions of higher education
- International university projects
- International marketing in higher education
- Programmes for Alumni & Alumnae
We do consulting for:
German and international students & professors visiting a foreign university for a short-term or equally for long-term study or research.
We are looking for:
International students & visiting professors coming to the FH Bielefeld for a short-term or equally for long-term study or research.
- European education programmes are mainly provided through Erasmus-LLP-Programmes (Life Long Learning) by the European Union (EU) in Brussels
- The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is the national German agency in Bonn for scholarship programmes, for international marketing in higher education and exchange programmes with universities all over the world. Funding is partly distributed by national and federal governments as from the Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF) in Berlin. Key projects lay currently in the cooperation with developing countries in Africa, Asia/India, South-America and the South-East-Pacific region...
- The Ministry of Innovation, Science, Research and Technology (MIWFT) in North-Rhine/Westphalia (NRW) also regularly sponsors scholarship programmes
- For specific world regions such as North-America (Fulbright) and Australia/New Zealand (Gostralia/Institut Ranke-Heinemann) there are a few other institutions offering non-profit consultancy for academic mobility among students and professors
- Locally we work together with the Bielefeld University (International Office) on mutual sponsorship programmes and as well with the Student Welfare (student halls) and the school society BIBIS (language courses) in order to make sure that our exchange students at the FH are well taken care of
- Ausbildungspartnerschaft Westfalen-Lippe (AWL)
- Verein zur Förderung Internationaler Studierender (ViSiB)
N E W S