Founded in 1971, FH Bielefeld was one of the first Universities of Applied Sciences in the first wave of FHs to open in Germany.
- 3 Campuses: Bielefeld, Minden and Gütersloh
- 6 Faculties: Design, Minden Campus, Engineering and Mathematics, Social Sciences, Business, Health
- 11.005 students (12/2020), 852 international students (01/2021)
- 222 professors (10/2020)
- 50 lecturer for special assignments
- 292 academic staff members
- 276 administrative staff members
- 37 bachelor programs
- 28 master programs
- 6 certificates
- 5 research institutes
- 2 research groups
System-accredited by the AQAS accreditation commission: FH Bielefeld takes responsibility for quality assurance and continuous improvement of study programmes.
Certified as a family-friendly university.