Founded in 1971, Bielefeld UAS was one of the first universities of applied sciences in the first wave of Fachhochschulen to open in Germany.
- 3 campuses: Bielefeld, Minden and Gütersloh
- 6 faculties: Design, Minden Campus, Engineering and Mathematics, Social Sciences, Business, Health
- 10,828 students (12/2021), 864 international students (12/2021)
- 226 professors (10/2021)
- 52 lecturers for special assignments (10/2021)
- 310 academic staff members (10/2021)
- 282 administrative staff members (10/2021)
- 37 bachelor programmes
- 28 master programmes
- 6 certificate programmes
- 5 research institutes
- 2 research groups
System-accredited by the AQAS accreditation commission: Bielefeld UAS takes responsibility for quality assurance and continuous improvement of study programmes.
Certified as a family-friendly university.