Founded in 1971, FH Bielefeld was one of the first Universities of Applied Sciences in the first wave of FHs to open in Germany.
- 3 Campuses: Bielefeld, Minden and Gütersloh
- 5 Faculties: Design, Minden Campus, Engineering and Mathematics, Social Sciences, Business and Health
- 10.552 students (11/2019), 822 international students
- 222 professors (10/2019)
- 50 lecturer for special assignments
- 277 academic staff members
- 260 administrative staff members
- 37 bachelor Programs
- 28 master Programs
- 6 certificates
- 5 research institutes
- 2 research groups
System-accredited by the AQAS accreditation commission: FH Bielefeld takes responsibility for quality assurance and continuous improvement of study programmes.
Certified as a family-friendly university.