Due to the current, dynamic development of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the International Office currently no longer offers personal office hours. Please contact us by e-mail and arrange a telephone appointment. Unless otherwise indicated, we are available as follows in urgent cases:
|Monday - Thursday
||9 a.m. - 3 p.m. (09.00 - 15.00 Uhr)
||9 a.m. - 2 p.m. (09.00 - 14.00 Uhr)
Contact Person for International Students
The contact details of the International Office can also be found here.
Current information about Covid-19:
The region of North Rhine Westfalia has confirmed cases of Corona (Covid-19).
FH Bielefeld determines all future steps regarding measures against the corona virus according to the RKI (Robert Koch institute):
- Travellers frm EU member states, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein or Great Britain may enter Germany without quarantine restrictions.
- Not from the EU? PLEASE CHECK CURRENT RISK AREAS HERE: https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html (This information is in German and is updated frequently, currently it includes e.g. Albania, Turkey, Nicaragua but also more than 100 other countries. Kindly enter the information into a translator to learn about designated risk areas.)
Travelers who are not from EU-member states may only enter Germany in exceptional cases if there is a compelling reason for doing so. The continuation of studies can be a compelling reason.
If you come from a risk area and would like to travel to Bielefeld:
If you have compelling reason to travel to Bielefeld from a risk area as designated by the RKI, you will either need to
a) enter self-quarantine of 14 days immediately after you have entered North Rhine Westfalia (County in which Bielefeld is located). Personal visits are not permitted or
b) provide documentation about negative Corona testing. The test must not be older than 48 hours before your travel into Germany.
Before you travel, please contact the International Office (email@example.com) and inform them about your plans.
Please follow these steps to insure your own, but also the safety of other students:
- Cleanse your hands thoroughly and in the correct manner (For more information please see the tips of the World Health Organisation on this website: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public)
- Avoid contact with people who are visibly ill, esp. those who seem to suffer from fever, coughing or breathing difficulties
- If you have the possibility, vaccinate yourself against the common cold
- There are possibilities to disinfect your hands all over Bielefeld campus
If you experience symptoms of fever, breathing difficulties or coughing, please immediately inform a hospital or doctor in Bielefeld and consult them by telephone beforehand. Please remember to phone them first, since the hospital and doctors would like to avoid chances of the virus spreading in the waiting rooms.
If you need to reach someone outside of office hours or if your phone calls are not successfull, please use the medical on-call service number: 116117
(see download box on the left side)
Hotlines of local hospitals are:
||City Hospital Bielefeld
If you fear that you have been contaminated with the virus, please also
- inform the international office of FH Bielefeld immediately by e-mail
- avoid unnecessary contact with others
- stay home as far as possible (volunatry quaranteen for at least 14 days)
- keep your distance from others when couhging or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a flexed ellbow or use a tissue that you can dispose of immediately
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
We are delighted that you are considering Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences for your semester or year abroad. You can find information on the application process, preparing for your stay, living and studying in Bielefeld and more on the following pages.
If you have any questions that are not answered here, don't hesitate to contact the International Office: We are happy to help.