FH Bielefeld determines measures against the corona virus in accordance to recommendations by the RKI (Robert Koch institute): The RKI classifies countries as risk areas when their number of confirmed Corona cases is too high!
Before you travel, kindly check current risk areas here: https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html (This information is updated frequently.)
If you come from a risk area, check Germany's regulations on travel from risk areas here:
Safety Precautions and Hygienic Measures at Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences
Information for Incomings from a Risk Area:
Regulations from 08 November 2020: Travel to Germany from a Risk Area
To prevent the spread of Covid-19, the governmentl of the Federal Republic of Germany has released new regulations when it comes to entering Germany from a risk area:
- It is not possible to prevent quarantine by travelling with a PCR-test anymore. Information on the spead of Covid-19 show that a person can be infectuous even if they have tested negative. Symptoms might occur up to 5 days after infection.
The new rules state:
- You need to quarantine for 10 days if you spent time in a risk area within 10 days prior to your entry into Germany.
- You are required to conduct a digital registration on entry. Please enter information on the places you stayed over the previous 10 days on the website www.einreiseanmeldung.de.
- After filling in all of the necessary information, you will receive a PDF file as confirmation. Before transporting you, your carrier will check whether you are in possession of a confirmation.
- Quarantine can be lifted earlier, but at the earliest after five (5) days, if you submit a negative test result.
- Within 10 days after entry, the public health office may require that you submit a negative test result or, if you do not possess such a result, that you have yourself tested.
- Inform the International Office of FH Bielefeld about your arrival date.
- Let the City of Bielefeld know about your travel to Germany from a risk area:
- During the quarantine period, you are not allowed leave your house or apartment, nor receive guests. Please do not forget that these measures are meant to protect your family, neighbours and all other persons around you. Non-compliance with the quarantine rules can be penalised by fine!
Most importantly: Regardless of whether you provide a negative Corona test, travellers from risk areas are not allowed to enter the buildings of FH Bielefeld up to 14 days after their arrival. This regulation has been decided by the Presidential Board of FH Bielefeld in order to limit the spread of the Corona Virus.
Thank you for your support in flattening the curve!
For all recent developments, click on "NEWS" in the menu.