Founded in 1971, FH Bielefeld was one of the first Universities of Applied Sciences in the first wave of FHs to open in Germany.
- 3 campuses: Bielefeld, Minden and Gütersloh
- 5 Faculties: Design, Minden Campus, Engineering and Mathematics, Social Sciences, Business and Health
- 10.085 Students (09/2016), 660 international students (09/2016)
- 250 Professors
- 210 academic staff members
- 210 administrative staff members
- 36 Bachelor Programs
- 14 Master Programs
- 2 Certificates
- 3 Research institutes
- 5 Research groups
- 2 Graduate Schools
System-accredited by the AQAS accreditation commission: FH Bielefeld takes responsibility for quality assurance and continuous improvement of study programmes.
Certified as a family-friendly university.