Thank you for choosing the FH - Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences - for your study abroad. For all matters concerning your application and your stay in Bielefeld - accommodation, buddies, orientation weeks, official requirements ... - please get in touch with the International Office. We will be pleased to assist you.
The required online application form is available at the download-area of the International Office, in English and in German.
Regular application deadlines for each term are:
- November 15 for the summer term.
- June 15 for the winter term.
The International Office will assist your search for a suitable accommodation at the available student halls in Bielefeld.
4. BUDDY programme:
On the day of your arrival in Bielefeld each exchange student will meet his/her BUDDY - an experienced German fellow FH student - who will be pleased to assist you with all steps through the official bureaucracy and into everyday-life in Bielefeld and at the FH. Various fun trips and events are also organised.
5. Orientation weeks:
- Before the winter term officially start we offer a two-week orientation period. The orientation weeks include a free an intensive language course, a trip to Berlin for about EUR 70 and a free culture and leisure programme.
- Before the official start of the summer term we offer an intensive language course and a culture and leisure programme.
- As the summer term is shorter we don't organize the entire two-week orientation period, in particular the trip to Berlin in advance - only if there is specific demand from the students after their arrival.
- There are also many activities during both terms.
6. Guide for international students:
Our brochure "Welcome to Bielefeld - a practical guide for exchange students" will give you loads of information about your study at Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences and your future life as a student in Bielefeld. You can download it at the download-area of the International Office.