Foto: storyset/ freepik
- SOU No.: SOU-03
- Level: B1-C1
- Course type: Seminar/ Workshop
- Format: Digital
- Scope: 1 weekly two-hour session (60 min. each unit)
- Dates & Times: Mondays 13:00 - 15:00
- Applications Advice: 13:00 - 14:00
- English Grammar 14:00 - 15:00
- The course will run until 29.08.2022
- Zoom link: https://fh-bielefeld.zoom.us/j/66412081901?pwd=Um0rV2toQmVYSXZJRUJZbUFCYXlZQT09
- Language: English (Keywords in German will be provided in the sessions on ‘Applications Advice’)
- Participaton requirements: Registration in the SOU programme, English level B1-C1
- Form of assessment:
- Applications Advice: CV and cover letter are to be submitted for feedback at the end of the course. Participants can choose a job advertisement of their choice and base their job application on that.
- English Grammar in Writing: Mini grammar test is to be taken at the end of the course in August.
- Course taught by: Cobi King, M.A.
- Other information: Minimum level of B1 in accordance with the CEFR in English.
This course consists of two units, which both provide students who have come from a university in Ukraine with the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the conventions of English grammar in writing as well as the applications process for an internship or a job during their time at Bielefeld UAS.
1. Applications Advice (B1-C1)
- In this unit, participants will also receive vocabulary lists in both English and German that will provide them with keywords relating to job applications:
- How to analyse job advertisements
- What information should I put on my CV?
- Writing cover letters for internships and jobs
- Preparing effectively for an interview
2. English Grammar in Writing (B1-B2)
- If you use English as a foreign or second language, the following unit will help you to develop skills to that you can communicate confidently using English in everyday situations, such as study or work.
- Present and past tense
- Present perfect and past
- Future plans (will/going to/present continuous)
- Modal verbs
- Articles (the/a)
- Relative clauses
For questions about the course or registration, please contact the course instructor Mr. Cobi King (email@example.com).