The AStA (student union) of Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences has decided to participate in the “online ticket” project of Deutsche Bahn from the summer semester 2017 onwards. This means that you will no longer receive your semester ticket from the registrar’s and examination office on paper, but can obtain it yourself via the Deutsche Bahn portal.
The online ticket gives you the following advantages:
- You can choose to print the ticket or save it on your smartphone.
- If you have lost your ticket, you will be able to print it again at any time without having to contact the registrar’s and examination office.
- You will have access to your semester ticket immediately after we have booked your semester contribution (at the earliest 45 days before the new semester begins).
- Detailed instructions for ordering the online ticket are available as a PDF file in the download box.
The semester ticket for East Westphalia-Lippe is recognised as a valid ticket for students one month before the start of the semester already.
However, this regulation applies to East Westphalia solely. The ticket for North Rhine-Westphalia will not become valid until the official start of the semester (1 September/1 March).
Semester ticket in leave of absence
If you are on a leave of absence and would like to purchase the semester ticket, follow these steps:
- On the leave request, please mark that you would like to purchase the semester ticket,
- This will be noted in LSF during processing by the registrar’s and examination office,
- From this point on, the ticket price will be displayed as “Soll” (debit) under “Studiumsverwaltung - Rückmeldung” (re-registration) in LSF.
- Transfer the required amount as per the usual re-registration process,
As soon as the amount has been booked by us, you can obtain your semester ticket in the Deutsche Bahn portal.